Thu 11 May
6 – 8pm
Level 3, City Hall, King George Square, Brisbane
An industry round-table discussion to discuss the future of design.
Join us for the DIA Design Days Brisbane event in partnership with the Museum of Brisbane, where we will be hosting a timely roundtable discussion on the Future of Design.
As designers work across a growing range of disciplines, this event will explore how the next generation can advocate for the crucial role of design in addressing contemporary challenges and how cross-disciplinary collaboration can encourage knowledge-sharing, debate, and connection within the broader design community.
We will also examine how design culture is impacting businesses, institutions, and governments, and how innovation is making life easier for people and improving society.
Join us to learn about new trends, methodologies, and success stories that are shaping the future of design.
• Moderated by Dan Spat, DIA QLD Branch Chair
• Dr Chetana Andary – Chair Creative Arts Research Institute, Griffith University, Queensland
• Sam Bucolo – Chief Executive Officer, Australian Design Council
• Tracy Cooper-Lavery – Director, Gallery and Visual Arts at HOTA
• Terry Deen – Head of Learning at the Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art
• Leah Lang – Queensland Government Architect
• Lisa Scharoun – Head of School for the School of Design at Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
• Dr Philip Whiting – Design Based Research & Critical Design Thinking at Torrens Universit